• All tours are led by local historian and author Paula Johnson.
• Reservations are required, and tickets must be purchased in advance.
• For privacy and exclusivity of our tours, after purchasing tickets, you will receive an email confirmation with information specific to tour guests on our starting location and parking.
• "No Shows" or cancellations less than 24 hours of scheduled tour time will not be refunded or rescheduled.
• Ticket price includes a guided historical tour of the city, all food tastings and gratuities for servers at the restaurants.
• Alcoholic and other beverages at restaurants and bars are available but must be purchased separately.
• If you have a good experience on the tour and would like to tip your Tour Guide for their service, that is acceptable, as it is not included in the price of your ticket. Gratuities for servers at restaurants are included with your ticket.
• The food portions on our tours are considered enough for a meal or more for most.
• We offer a set menu of food samplings of composed dishes at some of Knoxville's best restaurants.
We do not offer substitutions based on dietary preferences.
If you have a food allergy - when notified at least 24 hours in advance of your tour, we can attempt to request restaurants for substitutions.
• Our Downtown Tours are approximately one mile, all walking. Plan to wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Tours of the Gay St. and Market Square areas are also easily accessible for wheelchairs.
• Tours last approximately 2.5-3 hours are held rain or shine. Plan to dress appropriately for the weather conditions and bring an umbrella or rain jacket if the forecast is calling for rain. In instances such as an ice or snow storm, or other extreme weather conditions, you will be notified by phone or email if the tour is cancelled.
• Currently we do not have discounted tickets for children or seniors. Babies in strollers may attend free. Please note, if you wish for your toddler to have their own food portion and seat at the table, you must purchase a ticket for them. Even if a guest will not be eating on the tour, it will be necessary to purchase a ticket for them, as the ticket price includes the tour guide’s salary for their time and expertise in leading the tour.
• With exception of guide or service dogs, pets are not allowed inside restaurants on the tour.
• Tours run year-round and vendors, samplings and tastings change at varied times.
• Locals and visitors alike will enjoy our tours which explore small eateries and restaurants, hidden gems, and specialty shops as well as provide detail about the history and development of historic areas in the city.
• Private tours, custom tours, and special events are available, please email us at email@example.com
• Gift Cards are available and may now be purchased on the website.